Thursday 4 February 2010

The Last Moment.

As I lay down my head,
I feel the snowflakes;
they caress my face,
melting as soon as they
touch my skin.

I smile at the sensation
of warmth and cold
as it radiates through
my body, tidal waves
of life and death.

I breathe in so deeply,
the scent of pine fills
my lungs, the aroma
overwhelming all of my
senses at once.

The pain in my chest
ebbs and flows as
the waves wash
over me, with each one
more agonising.

I reach into my old coat,
and feel something,
warm and thick: it
oozes from the wound
in my pale skin.

My blood, rich with
iron and life, seeps
through the silk
that covers my skin
so delicately.

I feel the darkness of
death creep closer,
shrouding me,
smothering me like
a down pillow.

The cool air of winter
breathes over me,
chasing the only
heat that still laps
at my heart.

Light filters through
wrapping around me,
filling my heart with
white heat,
drawing me in.

I fight no more. I will
follow the music as it
plays far away in the
distance,
calling me home.

02/02/10

No comments:

Post a Comment